If your doctor orders a gestational glucose screen, you will be asked to drink a sweet liquid, and have your blood drawn using the following steps:
- You will be given a sweet beverage that you must drink within 5 minutes.
- When you have finished, you will be told the time of your next blood collection. Please help us stay on time by reminding the staff 5 minutes before your next scheduled collection.
- Patients having glucose tolerance tests should remain seated and abstain from smoking, eating, or drinking for the duration of the test. Should they choose to leave the testing area and are not back in time for the collection of the specimen, the test will be discontinued.
- Rest as much as possible while waiting for your blood to be collected.
- If you do not feel well at any time during this test, please inform a laboratory employee.
[button link=”https://www.adventhealthlabcentralfl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/GESTATIONAL-GLUCOSE-SCREEN-10-08-2013.pdf” color=”revert” size=”normal” style=”normal” target=”blank”]Click Here for Printable PDF[/button]