- The collection kit contains one vial with a pink lid and one vial with a blue lid. DO NOT DRINK THE LIQUID. Keep out of children’s reach.
- Open the vial with the pink lid. Using the collection spoon built into the lid of the vial, place small spoonfuls of stool from areas which appear bloody, slimy, or watery into the vial until the contents rise to the red line. If the stool is formed (hard), try to take spoonfuls from each end and the middle.
- Twist the caps tightly closed and shake the vials until the contents are well mixed.
- Open the vial with the blue lid. Repeat step 2 and 3 for the new container.
- Label the container with your name, date of birth, and time and date of collection
- Return the stool specimen to the laboratory as soon as possible
WARNING: This collection kit has vials that contain poisonous solution. Do not drink. Do not inhale fumes. For disposal contact the laboratory. Keep out of reach of children. In case of skin or eye contact, flush with water. If irritation persists, contact a physician. In case of swallowing, call a physician immediately. For further assistance call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222