Pinworms are parasites that can be found in the lower end of the bowel.
- The specimen should be collected in the morning as soon as you wake up, before bathing or bowel movement.
- Hold the paddle by the cap and remove it from the tube.
- Press the sticky side of the paddle (several times) against the anal opening.
- Place the paddle back in the tube.
- Wash your hands.
- Write your first and last name, date of birth, and date and time of collection on the tube.
- Return the specimen to the laboratory as soon as possible after collection.
[button link=”https://www.adventhealthlabcentralfl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/PINWORM-COLLECTION-10-08-2013.pdf” color=”revert” size=”normal” style=”normal” target=”blank”]Click Here for Printable PDF[/button]